Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Lori's Story

A number of years ago I participated in a small-group study that dramatically changed my relationship with God and the course of my life. That study was called "Experiencing God." The authors uncovered the seven realities of seeing, obeying and experiencing our God.

When Pat Rieck called and asked me if I wanted to travel to Africa on a mission trip, my mind immediately went to one of those important realities. It reads, "God's invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action." OK, I have to be honest...I had a crisis of belief. I asked God, "You want me to go to Africa?!" It was shortly after this that I realized that God was removing my obstacles and He was personally inviting me to become involved in His work in Eldoret, Kenya.

I'm excited about this opportunity because I will be able to share information that is so close to my heart. Team Africa will be presenting material on healthy relationships, boundaries, leadership, stages of change, etc. to the pastors in the area. We will also be able to show Christ's love to the little children that have been orphaned or abandoned due to AIDS.

I have few expectations. I'm just anxious to see God's plan unfold.

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.'"
- Mark 10:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home