Finally, news from Eldoret again!
We've had the most incredible week. Some highlights:
* Celebrating Thanksgiving with the children! They all gathered for a special meal, and Brian (ELI staff) told them the story of Thanksgiving while they reenacted it all... They had LOTS of mashed potatoes, chicken and pop for the very first time ever! After dinner, they were given the opportunity to share what they were thankful for. One cannot help but be touched when a kid gets up and says, "Before I came to the orphanage, I didn't even have a pair of shoes. Now I have shoes. I thank God for my shoes. And I thank God that I now have a place to sleep, a bed, clean bedding and new clothes..." WOW! After dinner, we handed them each a special Thanksgiving treat as they headed to bed. All the boys got a Matchbox car, and the girls each got a stuffed animal. Yet another first for many of them. It was incredible to have them run to us to show us their new toys, their faces beaming with joy.
* Today we finished with the Leadership Seminar. Approximately 35 people participated in the four-day sessions. Many, if not all, came up and asked us to PLEASE come back. They are SO hungry for more. They read their handouts religiously and asked MANY questions.
* We're getting accustomed to bucket showers and squatty potties... We value electricity! The center runs on solar power, and our flashlights have become one of our most prized possessions.
Praise God that all of us are in good health. We will be leaving for Nairobi in the morning, and hope to join a meeting there in the afternoon. On Sunday, Pat and Danette fly to Uganda while Lori and Adele will stay behind in Nairobi for meetings with key women's ministry leaders.
We appreciate your prayers.


3 Comments:
Glad to hear the team has made it and in good spirits. "Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise--then you will discover the fullness of your life." You all are an inspiration. Have a safe journey our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Danette
hello from iowa --
Hope all is going well and you are feeling well.
what a great mission for all of you. praying for your safe return. love michele
Margie says:
I've been praying for you - I'm thankful for my little orange bracelet that keeps you on my heart, and helps me remember. I'm looking forward to your return so that we can see and hear how God has worked in your lives while you've been gone.
Chris says:
Me too. :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home